Basic requirements that we ask of our foster families:
- Experience as a pet owner or a good understanding of what is needed to care properly
for a cat or a dog.
- A suitable and safe home to cater to the needs of a cat (indoors) or dog (indoors and
- A family where all members agree to taking care of a foster animal and are all happy to
share in caring properly for the animal.
- Willingness to teach a puppy or dog basic commands and provide training: walking on
leash, sit, stay, come, potty training (guidance is provided).
- Willingness to attend group training sessions for the dogs.
- Willingness to teach a kitten or a cat how to properly use a litter box.
- Work to teach the animal to co-exist with people and other animals.
- Willingness to take the animal to a vet clinic for medical care and vaccinations as
- To keep dogs on their monthly preventatives of heartgard and frontline.
- To attend adoption events, and help find the animal a forever home. We ask that you attend at least one adoption event a month, otherwise vet bills may not be reimbursed.
- Willingness to allow potential adoptive families to view the cat or dog at your home.
- To follow the proper procedures for a prospective adoptive family.
- To forward vet receipts to the treasurer for reimbursement within two weeks of care, or reimbursement will not be made.
Being an OAARS foster family is so rewarding. If you are interested in becoming a foster family
to one of our fur kids please fill out the foster application below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.
Dog Foster Coordinator at: email@example.com
Cat Foster Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org