How can you help?
So many opportunities are presented to us everyday that could change someone’s life. It doesn’t have to be OAARS that you volunteer with; there are many organizations that need your time, your assistance, and your donations. Animals in Okinawa do not get second chances; once they are in the custody of Animal Control Officers, their lives are over. Just one example of how you can help is volunteering at schools and youth centers for animal projects with children.
Don’t have the time to volunteer? Donate!!! You can donate money by using the link on the menu. One bag of dog or cat food can really make a difference. These animals don’t need anything fancy, just some protection. Help OAARS help those without a voice!!
Some additional ways to help:
1. Become a foster parent. We are in need of families that can make give our animals a home while they are waiting to find their forever home. For more information please fill out the Foster Care Application and send it to email@example.com for dogs or firstname.lastname@example.org for cats.
2. Volunteer at the thrift shop and record volunteer hours for OAARS – Each hour, a certain amount of money is donated to OAARS. For more information please contact our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com
3. Flea Markets – We have lots of items that have been donated to us specifically to be sold at Flea Markets on base. We as individuals, sell the items, and then in turn, donate the profits to OAARS. This is one of the best and easiest ways to raise funds for our organization, as a private individual. Don’t worry if you don’t have much to sell… we have LOTS! For more information please contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Sponsor-A-Pet – This is a program for a unit or group of individuals to care for a specific dog with OAARS. Please contact our Secretary at email@example.com , if you are interested in the Sponsor-A-Pet program.
5. Donation Driver – We get numerous emails and phone calls from people wishing to donate items (leashes, crates, etc.) to OAARS. However, it seems like we are never able to collect all of the items, due to limited man-hours! We are looking for a few volunteers who would be willing on a case by case basis to pick up donated items from donors. Please contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org if this sounds like something you might be able to assist with.
6. Veterinary Registration – We need volunteers who are willing to register animals under their name at the vet clinic so that we can get appropriate veterinary care for the animal. Please contact our foster coordinators Dogs: email@example.com or Cats: firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d be able to help with this program.
7. Events and Fundraisers- We currently need a committed volunteer to head our Events and Fundraiser. Unfortunately, this position is vacant, and hence, we are at a bit of a standstill with our fundraiser needs! Please contact the President at email@example.com if you think this might be where your talents lie!